Contemporary art scene giant Gasworks opens residencies for Czech applicants.
By BOHEMIST STAFF
PRAGUE – London’s Gasworks – an association dedicated to the fostering of contemporary art – has issued an open call for Czech artists to apply for its annual residency program.
The residencies are open to Czech nationals or foreigners who are living in the Czech Republic. Gasworks residencies are in conjunction with the Czech Center London and the Arts and Theater Institute.
“The residency is open to contemporary visual artists working in all disciplines, though one must note Gasworks’ restricted facilities,” Gasworks said in a press release. “Aspiring artists producing high quality work who have not had the opportunity to work in London before will be prioritized.”
Residencies will run from April 3 to June 26 in 2017 and are fully funded. Entries close November 2.
The residency comprises of:
- 24-hour access to a studio at Gasworks, alongside other visiting artists and Gasworks’ permanent studio holders.
- An Open Studio, or similar public presentations, at Gasworks
- Single room accommodation within Gasworks Residencies House (a 3-story house, shared with 3 other artists-in-residence)
- Basic living expenses in London (a weekly stipend of £150p/w)
- Economy return flights from the artist’s home city to London
- Travel card (zones 1+2) for unlimited travel within central London for the duration of the residency
- Administrative, pastoral and curatorial support from Gasworks (during office hours)
For more information and to apply, click here.